Lemon Poppy seeds Pancake was something yummy for breakfast. The flavor and taste of the lemon and crunchiness of poppy seeds in the pancake was the highlight in this pancake. Apart from flavor, colour, texture, aroma… this pancake is very heavenly for me as it was made by the LITTLE CHEF (my daughter). A perfect breakfast for the lazy weekend and a perfect tea time snack for kids when they are from the school. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other breakfast and pancake recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/breakfast-dinner/
- Maida / All-purpose flour – 1 ½ cups
- Egg – 1 no
- Milk – 1 ¼ cup
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Poppy seeds – 1 ½ tsp
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Lemon Zest – ½ tsp (optional)
- Vanilla extract – ½ tsp (optional)
- Salt a pinch
- Take all-purpose flour/maida, baking powder, salt, sugar, poppy seeds, lemon zest and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Mix them all together.
- Beat the egg and milk, until fluffy in a separate bowl.
- Add in the lemon juice to the flour and mix them.
- Pour in the egg and milk mixture little by little and mix them well (be sure no lumps are formed).
- Rest it for 5 mins.
- Heat griddle with a tsp of butter and spoon the batter in the center of the griddle, wait until its cooked.
- Sprinkle a tsp of butter all over the pancake, swap the side of the pancake and cook for few mins or until it turns golden brown.
Serve hot with Honey.
Lemon and poppy seeds – one of my most favorite combinations. Love the idea of using it in pancakes! 🙂
These look yummy