I have shared many veggies recipes, but I shared only one radish recipe (Mooli paratha), up to now. Usually I use radish for sambar, this is the first time I have tried radish for a side dish.
Radish roast was very simple, easy and needs very few ingredients to prepare. This was delicious and now I prepare it very often. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Radish – 3 nos (medium size)
- Onions – 2 nos (medium size)
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Fennel seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Fennel – Poppy seeds powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Peel and chop the onions.
- Peel and thinly slice the radish (round shape).
- For fennel and poppy seeds powder: Grind the fennel and poppy seeds to fine powder and keep it aside.
- Pressure-cook the radish for 1 whistle (it should be boiled but not to mashing consistency).
- Heat oil in a kadai, add in the mustard, cumin, fennel seeds and curry leaves. Wait until they crackle.
- Add in the onions and cook until they turn golden brown.
- Add in the thinly sliced radish along with turmeric, chili, cumin, fennel-poppy seeds powder along with little salt.
- Cook until the radish gets induced well with the masala powders and start turning golden brown.
Serve hot for lunch as side dish.