Capsicum Masala is one among my favorite masala recipes. I had this masala the very time, from my aunty who specially prepared this for me during my pregnancy. Also she made me coconut rice and lemon rice, when accompanied with this masala, it was heavenly.
After that I use to accompany coconut rice with capsicum masala, my hubby too loves this a lot. Also this goes out well with Idly, Dosa and mild spiced variety rice. Let us move on to the recipe…
Now it’s Friday, last week I got to miss the Friday and now let me take this dish to Fiesta Friday #103 hosted by Angie@ thenovicegardener
Do check out my other vegetarian recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/main-course/vegetarian/
- Onions – 2 nos
- Tomatoes – 1 ½ nos
- Capsicum – 1 no (medium size)
- Chili powder – ¾ tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Fenugreek/methi seeds – a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Oil – 3 tbsp.
- Peel and finely chop the onions and tomatoes.
- Wash, de-seed and finely chop the onions.
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadai, add in the mustard, cumin, fenugreek/methi seeds and curry leaves, wait until they crackle.
- Add in the onions and cook until they turn golden brown.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook until they turn mushy.
- Add in the capsicum along with all the spice powders and salt, cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Pour in a cup of water, let it boil, cover with the lid and cook until the capsicum is done.
- Remove the lid, keep in medium flame and wait until the gravy thickens.
- Remove from fire.