Recently when I was talking with one of my friend, she suggested me to try Burnt Garlic Rice. It was very new to me, as usual I started surfing for the recipe and then planned to prepare, just as a little twist I thought of preparing it with Brown Long grain (Basmathi) Rice.
The flavor, color and texture of the rice was too good. I made this out purely with OliveOil, #JoinOliveOilRevolution. I would say that my kids was just ok with this rice but I and my hubby liked it. I accompanied it with Fried Tiger Prawn, Coleslaw and Potato wedges. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other variety rice recipe in this link: https://madraasi.com/main-course/vegetarian/
- Brown rice (Long grain/ Basmathi) – 2 cups
- Onion – 1 no (medium size)
- Garlic Cloves – 9 nos
- Olive oil – 1 ½ tbsp
- Ajinomoto – ¼ tsp
- Spring onions – 3 strands
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and drain the water from the rice, keep it aside.
- Boil 1 ½ litres of water in a heavy bottomed vessel, add in the rice, required amount of salt along with a tsp of olive oil, cover and let it cook.
- Drain the water from the rice when it’s cooked (it should be 90% cooked).
- Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic.
- Wash and finely chop the spring onions and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add in the onions, garlic cloves and only the white part of spring onions, cook until they start turning brown in color.
- Add in the rice, ajinomoto, pepper powder and cook it will well by stirring it continuously until the rice remains dry.
- Sprinkle the spring onions, cook for few seconds.
Serve hot. Goes out well for lunch.