Frequently I use to prepare French toast, as per my kids demand. But I thought of trying out a spicy toast, and that resulted in this Masala Toast. Goes out well for breakfast, tea time snack or dinner. You can accompany this Masala toast with any chutney, I have accompanied it with Coriander chutney.
A very simple, easy, healthy and also it can be made in minutes. Let us move on to the recipe…
Yippe, its’ Friday and I am taking it to Fiesta Friday 104 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderener.
- Eggs – 4 nos
- Bread Slices – 10 nos
- Chili powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – ¼ tsp
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Garam Masala or Curry Masala – ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves – 3 stalks
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 tbsp.
- Break the eggs in a wide mouth bowl.
- Clean and finely chop the coriander leaves. Keep it aside.
- Pour in the milk and beat the egg-milk mixture until fluffy.
- Add in the chili powder, cumin powder, curry masala, coriander leaves and salt.
- Beat well, so that all these gets blend well (no lumps should be formed).
- Heat tsp of oil in tawa, dip the bread to the egg mixture by swapping the sides.
- Gently place the bread slices over the tawa and drizzle little oil around the bread slices.
- Swap the sides and cook, until it turns golden brown.
- Remove from fire.
Serve hot with any chutney.