Many time I have wondered people posting cake pops, I thought that it would be a difficult task and needs more patience. But recently when I got to see a cake pop recipe, I felt it quite easy and wanted to try it out. As a result there comes Republic day and my daughter wanted to prepare a tri color cake, let me start preparing this cake pops also by the side.
Do check out my other baking recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/baking/.
The cake pops turned out very good, delicious with good texture. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Cake (any cake as you desire) – 5 cup cake
- Butter – 2 ½ tbsp.
- White chocolate – 50 gms
- Sugar strands – for decorating
- Crumble the cake into fine pieces with your hands.
- Take in a mixier, add in 1 ½ tbsp of butter and pulse it (grind it smoothly).
- Transfer it to a wide mouth bowl, grease your palm with little butter and take a small portion of cake mixture and roll it to a ball.
- Insert a tooth pick in between the ball and roll it well.
- Continue the same process with the leftover cake mixture.
- Place the cake balls in the freezer and freeze it for 2 hrs.
- After two hrs, grate or chop the white chocolate into pieces.
- Boil a cup of water in a heavy bottomed kadai, add in the chopped chocolate pieces to a small bowl, and gently place the bowl in the centre of the boiling water.
- Keep on stirring, so that the chocolate starts melting.
- When the chocolate comes to melting stage, dip the cake pops to it and coat it well.
- Sprinkle sugar strands in a plate, immediately after coating the cake pops, roll it over the sugar strands.
- Refrigerate it.
Serve chilled or decorate it over the cake.
Note: When you feel the cake is not able roll, add few more butter and continue rolling.