Dal is one among the comfort food, which goes out well with ghee rice, pulav and rotis. Fenugreek leaves / Methi Leaves has loads of nutrition in it, but they are bitter in taste and I want to include them in food for kids. So there came my methi dal/Fenugreek lentil curry. Also this was my second recipe using fenugreek as one of the core ingredients and the other one was Methi Paratha. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out this link for curry recipes: https://madraasi.com/main-course/vegetarian/
- Methi / Fenugreek leaves – 2 bunches
- Mung dal / Green Lentil – 1 cup
- Onions – 1 ½ nos
- Tomato – 1 ½ nos
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Peel and finely chop the onions. Wash and chop the fenugreek/methi leaves.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add in mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves, wait until they crackle.
- Add in the onions and cook until they turn golden brown.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook until they turn mushy.
- Add in the fenugreek/methi leaves, along with turmeric powder and little salt, cook until the leaves turn dark green in colour.
- Add in the mung dal/green lentil and cook for few mins.
- Pour in 2 cups of water, pressure-cook for 3 whistles. Remove the lid when the pressure subsides.
Serve hot with any Indian rotis. I have accompanied it with Missi Roti.