It’s been months I have tired new roti dishes, this one was my long time wait. Just like that tired out the dish and it came out well. A traditional Punjabi recipe, comfort for dinner. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other breakfast/dinner recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/breakfast-dinner/
- Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Besan – 1 cup
- Green chilies – 2 nos
- Onions – 1 ½ nos (medium sized)
- Carom/Ajwain/Omam seeds – ½ tsp
- Ghee/Clarified butter – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Take wheat flour, besan, salt, carom/ajwain seeds in a bowl, mix them well.
- Peel and finely chop the onions and green chilies, add it to the flour mixture.
- Pour water little by little, mix well and make it to a ball.
- Add in 2 tsp of ghee or oil and knead the dough for 15 mins.
- Cover with a wet cloth and let it rest for 20 mins.
- Divide it to small balls (lemon sized), dust the work area with wheat flour and flatten it with rolling pan.
- Heat a tsp of oil or ghee in a tawa, gently place the flatten wheat flour and cook until it tuns golden brown.
- Swap the sides and cook till golden brown.
- Spread ¼ tsp of ghee on the top of the missi rotti.
Serve hot with Dal curry. I have accompanied it with Methi Dal/Lentil Fenugreek Curry.