Gateau is a rich cake, with layers of cream or fruit. Gateau can be prepared with biscuits, cakes, breads… I thought of attempting it with bread.
One of the heavenly dessert from my kitchen. Not only me also kids and hubby loved it to the core. Also I would say it has different taste when served at room temperature and refrigerated. I would prefer the refrigerated one.
It was simple, easy and needs few ingredients. Anyone can make, even the kids. Also I would say it’s going to be the healthiest one because of the fruits and cheese in it. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other desserts in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/desserts/
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #109 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
- Bread slices – 4 nos
- Banana – 1 no
- Hershey’s syrup (chocolate) – 2 tbsp
- Hershey’s syrup (strawberry) – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Cream cheese – 4 tbsp
- Cashewnuts – 10 nos
- Walnuts – 10 nos
- Badam / Almonds – 10 nos
- Sugar – 1 ½ tsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Heat a tsp of butter in a non-stick tawa, toast the bread slices, sprinkle butter on the sides.
- Swap the sides of the bread and cook until they start turning golden brown.
- Take cashew nuts, walnuts, badam/almonds in a mixier and pulse them to a coarse powder.
- Transfer it to a bowl and keep it aside.
- Peel and chop the banana to small pieces, transfer it to a bowl and mash the banana’s using spoon or hands (be sure no lumps should be formed).
- Heat a pan, add in the mashed banana along with a tsp of sugar and pour hershey’s syrup (strawberry).
- Cook until it thickens and starts leaving the sides or for 7 mins.
- Transfer it to a bowl.
- Take out the sides of the toasted butter, cut each and every slices to two equal halves.
- Add a tsp of banana mixture, spread it over the bread.
- Sprinkle the ground nuts to the top of the banana mixture.
- Add in ½ tsp of cream cheese over the nuts and spread them slightly.
- Drizzle hershey’s syrup (chocolate) and refrigerate for 30 mins.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Note: You can prepare this with any fruits of your flavor or you can also combine fruits of your choice. Instead of bread, you can also prepare with biscuits, rusks.