Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish similar to an omelette with few more ingredients like veggies or meat or pasta, based on one’s flavor. The word frittata means “fried” which means the eggs are beaten fried in skillet with fried potatoes.
I have named it as Indian Frittata, since I have induced few basic Ingredients spices like chili powder, cumin powder and garam masala to flavor the frittata. This goes out good for breakfast. Let us move on to the recipe…
As of Friday, I am taking it to Fiesta Friday #109 hosted by Angie@thenovivegarderner. Been long time and now I am to party.
- Eggs – 2 nos
- Milk – 1 ½ tbsp
- Potato – 1 no (medium size)
- Carrot – 1 no (medium size)
- Green chilies – ½ no
- Onions – ½ no (medium sized)
- Tomato – ½ no (medium size)
- Chili powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Cheese cubes – 1 no (20 gm)
- Coriander leaves – 3 stalks
- Butter or olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Break eggs in a wide mouth bowl, pour in the milk, beat well.
- Sprinkle salt, chili powder, cumin powder, garam masala and beat well or until fluffy. Keep it aside.
- Peel and finely chop the onions, tomato, green chilies and coriander leaves. Keep it aside.
- Peel the carrots and potato and grate them. Keep it aside.
- Grate the cheese cubes and keep it aside.
- Heat olive oil or butter in a frying pan, add in the onions and coriander leaves. Cook until the onions turn golden brown in color.
- Add in the tomatoes, green chilies and cook until they turn mushy.
- Sprinkle little salt and add in the grated carrot and potato, cook until the raw smell goes off or until they become dry.
- Spread the veggies all over the pan.
- Pour the egg mixture in the middle and shake the pan to spread the egg all over the pan.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the egg, cover and cook in low flame for 5 to 6 mins.
- Carefully flip the sides and cook for 2 min.
- Remove from the pan carefully.
Serve hot with Tomato Ketchup or Mayonnaise.
Note: Once the egg mixture is poured, cook only in low flame.
Do check out my other breakfast recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/breakfast-dinner/