As of Maha Shivratri, I want to try out some new dish as offering to God. Thought of preparing a sweet and spicy dish, and took out Akhrot Kaju Sheera as a sweet dish.
Akhrot Kaju Sheera is cashew nuts and walnuts. Walnuts are coarsely powdered and cashew nuts are broken into small pieces, for some graininess and crunchy texture. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Walnuts – 1 cup (300 gm)
- Cashew nuts – ¼ cup (15 to 20 pieces)
- Ghee – 1 ½ tsp
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Dry Ginger powder – ½ tsp
- Take 1 cup of sugar with ½ cup of water, keep in medium flame, stir until the sugar dissolves and wait until the sugar comes to syrup consistency (1 thread consistency).
- Remove from the fire, leave it aside and allow it to reach room temperature.
- Take the walnuts in a blender and grind them to a coarse powder, spread it in a plate, break the lumps and let it come to room temperature.
- Broke the cashew nuts into small pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tsp of ghee/clarified butter in a non-stick kadai, add in the cashew nuts and fry until they golden brown and remove them from the kadai and keep it aside.
- Add in the coarsely powdered walnuts and fry them until the aroma comes out or until it turns golden brown in color.
- Pour in the sugar syrup and start stirring continuously by adding a tsp of ghee/clarified butter every now and then.
- Sprinkle the Dry ginger powder and continue stirring.
- Keep on stirring until the aroma comes out and add in the roasted cashew nuts and keep on stirring until the sheera oozes out the ghee/clarified butter.
- Transfer it to a greased tray.
Garnish them with roasted cashew nuts and serve immediately.