This was our 24th FBAB meetup, we had good time, and I liked the place to the core, as it was away from the city surrounded by nature. This would be a best place, when you feel to have a small drive from the city, with beautiful and heart-warming environment.
About IPC: Indian Paratha Company, is an upscale coffee shop founded by Nirmal Singh Sandhu and Gunjan Sandhu, in August, 2014. Nirmal, a well-travelled person has visited many countries, cities of the world. During his road journey, he noticed the lack of good highway Restaurants in India and thus came Indian Paratha Company – Chai Paratha & More.
Location: IPC is located at Devanhalli, Bangalore which is just few kilometers away Kempe Gowda (Bangalore) International Airport. A good highway restaurant with proper food and clean toilets, and it is a den for Super Bikers and Super Cars. As the place is located few kilometers on to Nandi hills, one of the tourist attractions or weekend gateway for Bangloreans. It can be very easily identified as it is situated on the foot hills of the Jain Temple near to Airport.
Ambiance: They have given a European and Western “Look and Feel” to the restaurant. Also they have tables to the outdoor of the restaurants, which would be pleasant in the mornings and evenings. One could be admire the sunrise and sunset, as it is situated on the foothills of the Jain Temple.
Food: It is a fresh, fast and casual concept, serving fast but fresh food without preservatives or de-freezing. Gunjan Sandhu, a Nutritionist has designed the menu. Besides Chai & Paratha, they also serve cold and hot beverages like lassi, Irish coffee and Kulfi. The most important thing is it’s a Pure Vegetarian and Alcohols are strictly not allowed in the restaurants.
Here are some of the dishes we had at the restaurants:
- Patiala Lassi: Not only me but my family likes lassi, here the lassi was perfectly done with wonderful texture and yummilicious taste. I would highly recommend Lassi in this restaurant.
- Pakoda Platter: We had onion pakoda – it was crispy, crunchy and soft, paneer pakoda – it was crispy outside and soft inside topped with fried green chilies.
- Achari Masti Paratha: This is was so soft and was perfectly stuffed with a thin layer of panner, potato and some achar (pickle). The combination was too good and the paratha tasted heavenly. One can eat it as such without any side dish.
- Paneer Tikka Parathzza: This was something unique, I would bet kids will like this to the core. First time had a paratha as pizza. A must try here.
- Kulfi: Kulfi was very good, my kids enjoyed kulfi a lot.
- Irish coffee: My hubby a coffee maniac, liked the coffee a lot. He stated it a perfect Irish coffee, with the balanced little bitterness and sweetness in it.
Serving: They serve very fast and service was too good.
Suggestions: Personally I have suffered a lot for a decent restaurant with clean toilet facilities in the Bangalore-Hyderabad highway, when we travel to places like Nandi Hills, Lepakshi and now I would suggest people can have a good relax and yummy food on the highway.
Do check out my other reviews in this link: https://madraasi.com/reviews/