Already I have shared one fish fry recipe and this one is completely different from that because I have induced Maize flour/Cornmeal as the base of fish fry. As usual collected this from of the cookery shows in Television by Chef. KiranJethwa
Fish fry was crispy, soft and delicious with the flavor of Maize flour. The most important is very easy, simple and little time consumption recipe, even kids can prepare themselves. I have served it with tomato ketchup and Strawberry Kiwi Mojito as of Summer. Let us move on to the recipe…
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #111 hosted by Angie@thenvicegarderner.
- Fish (Sea Bass) – ½ kg
- Maize flour or Corn meal – 1 cup
- Chili powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- White Sesame seeds – ½ tsp (optional)
- Egg – 1 no (big)
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Clean and slice the fish into square or rectangle size.
- Clean and finely chop the coriander leaves, keep it aside.
- In a plate, spread the maize flour, chili powder, salt and white sesame seeds. Mix it well.
- Pour in ½ cup of water and mix it well with your finger to a paste.
- Beat egg with little salt in a bowl, until the egg is fluffy.
- Pour oil in a kadai, keep in medium flame.
- Coat the fish pieces with the maize flour paste and dip it in the egg mixture.
- Gently drop the fish pieces in the oil, deep fry both the sides, until it turns golden brown in color.
- Remove the fish from the oil, drain the oil and transfer it to a plate.
Serve hot with Tomato Ketchup. Goes out well along with a cup of tea as tea-time snack or as a brunch. As of summer I have served it with Strawberry Kiwi Mojito.
Do check to my other seafood recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/main-course/non-vegetarian/seafood/ and do check out my juices, lemonade, mojito, mocktails and milkshake in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/beverages/.