Masala Rice is something different from all other rice recipes, very simple, easy, less time consumption. Been blogging for almost 2 years, have come across many people in my life both negative and positive. This recipe was shared by one such lovely person, who I knew almost few months’ time – Harsha. When I saw his food picture, I found it delicious and wanted to try it immediately. As the recipe was shared by night and no one in my home wants to have rice for dinner, I planned to prepare it for today’s lunch. The most advantage in this recipe is that one can prepare it even with the leftover rice from lunch and serve hot for dinner. Let us move on to the recipe…
Taking this to #itsLeftoverMakeover contest by Itspotluck for WorldDay
- Steamed Rice – 2 cups
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Cloves – 3 nos
- Cinnamon (1” inch stick) – 2 nos
- Shredded coconut – ½ cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a kadai, add in the cloves, cinnamon and cook them until they start turning dark in color.
- Add in the ginger-garlic paste and cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Add in the shredded coconut and cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Add in the steamed rice along with little salt and stir it continuously, until the rice gets blend well with the masala.
Serve hot with any veg or non-veg gravy. I have served it with Chicken Varuval and Mint Lassi.
Do check out my other vegetarian rice recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/main-course/vegetarian/.