Already I have shared Lassi during last summer and now for this summer thought of trying something new with lassi. This year I feel that I am getting roasted when I was cooking around 1 p.m for my lunch and I wanted to have something chill chill cool cool. Thought what to cook, when I saw my balcony garden found my beautifully grown mint leaves and thought of trying out a drink with mint leaves and really I am bored of Mojito. Here resulted my idea of Mint Lassi. A perfect coolant for Indian summer.
Mint Lassi was too delicious, the only thing I felt in this drink was I should add little more mint leaves for more flavor, but kids would love only this quantity of mint leaves. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other beverages recipe in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/beverages/ and lassi recipe in this link: https://madraasi.com/2015/03/15/sweet-lassi/.
- Mint leaves – 1 fistful
- Yogurt/Curd (Chilled) – 3 cups
- Milk (at room temperature or chilled) – 1 cup
- Sugar – 4 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Separate the mint leaves from the stalk, wash them well and keep it aside.
- In the mixer, take sugar, milk, salt and mint leaves and blend them well.
- Pour in the half the quantity of yogurt/curd, whip it for few seconds.
- Now pour in the rest of the yogurt/curd, whip it for two seconds.
- Transfer it to a glass.
Garnish it with mint leaves and serve chilled or at room temperature.