My kids like pasta to the core, I regularly prepare white pasta, but this time they wanted me to prepare red pasta. This resulted in the making of pasta cooked in rich tomato sauce.
It was little tangy, little sweet and little spicy, on the whole it was delicious. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other breakfast and dinner recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/breakfast-dinner/
- Tomato – 6 nos
- Onions – 1 no
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Oregano – ½ tsp
- Chives – ¼ tsp
- Thyme – ½ tsp
- Red chilies – 3 nos
- Pasta (Macaroni) – 200 gm
- Cheese cube – 5 gm
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Blanch the tomatoes – Wash and boil the tomatoes in water for 10 mins or until the tomato skin starts to come out. Remove from fire, wash in cold or running water, peel the skin and keep the tomatoes aside.
- Blend the peeled tomatoes into juice and keep it aside.
- Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic, keep it aside.
- Blend the red chilies, oregano, chives and thyme to coarse powder and keep it aside.
- Boil the pasta in water, until it is done. Drain the water, wash it running water and keep it aside.
- Heat olive oil in a kadai, add in the onions and garlic, and cook until the onion turn golden brown in color.
- Pour in the ground tomato puree, cook in medium flame, until it thickens.
- Sprinkle the coarsely ground mixture, give a stir and cook in low flame, until the oil separates and floats on the top.
- Sprinkle salt, add in the boiled pasta, give a stir and cook until the pasta gets well coated with the tomato puree.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves, give a stir.
- Grate the cheese and sprinkle the grated cheese over the pasta.
Serve hot with any gravy. I have accompanied it with mutton cutlet.