Want to beat the heat with Ice Cream, but don’t want to go outside the home, here is my No Cook, No Egg, No essence, No food color, Naturally flavored, very easy and simple Ice Cream with fresh home grown Mint Leaves (motivated by NUTTY SQUIRREL) – MINT ICECREAM.
I would say this Mint Ice cream, a perfect coolant to beat the heat. Also being a mint maniac, I liked this to the core. When it comes to Mint Ice cream, I would say the perfect amount of mint should be induced
Benefits of Home-made Ice cream: You can enhance the sweetness as per your taste buds, you can add the perfect the amount of ingredients to enrich your flavor.
Do check out my other summer recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/beverages/
- Mint leaves – 15 sprigs
- Fresh Cream – ¾ cup
- Full fat Milk – 1 cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Boil the milk and wait until it comes to room temperature.
- Grind the sugar to a fine powder and keep it aside or you can go for powder sugar.
- Separate the mint leaves from the stalk, rinse in running water and keep it aside.
- Take the mint leaves and blend them well by sprinkling a tsp of water to a coarse paste.
- In a wide mouth bowl, pour in the fresh cream, milk and add in the sugar, whip them just for few mins until fluffy.
- Pour in the mint paste to the bowl and whip them well for 3 to 4 mins.
- Pour it to an air-tight bowl and freeze it for almost 8 hrs.
- Remove it from the freezer (it looks like ice crystals), scrap it.
- Blend all the scrapped ice (ice crystals) together along with 2 to 3 sprigs of mint leaves (if needed to enhance your taste buds).
- Blend them nicely as it should be thick and creamy.
- Again pour it in an air-tight container and freeze for 10 hours.
- Remove the container from freezer, once the ice cream comes to perfect texture.
Scoop and serve chilled.
Note: You can also have ice-creams with soft and spongy cakes, I like to have vanilla ice-cream with sponge cake. I would prefer to have this mint ice-cream with coffee cake. You can adjust the sugar level (a tsp) as per your taste buds, I have induced medium level of sugar.