Want to fool your kids, then try out this recipe. I gave my son this as muffin, he had it and told me, “Mom, where does your innovation takes you, why you want to make a spicy muffin which is salty. Really too bad”. My daughter laughed out and told him, “It’s fish cutlet, we shaped it as muffin and gave you and shouted APRIL FOOL”.
As it’s Friday, I am taking it Fiesta Friday #113 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other seafood recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/main-course/non-vegetarian/seafood/.
- Sheer Fish – ½ kg
- Potatoes – 2 nos
- Green chilies – 1 no
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Eggs – 3 nos
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Boil the fish in water with salt, once boiled, drain the water, separate the fish from bones. Keep it aside. Mash them well.
- Boil potatoes, peel the skin and mash them well (no lumps should be formed).
- In a wide mouth bowl, take the mashed fish, mashed potato, sprinkle little salt, pepper powder, break 2 eggs and cumin powder.
- Mix them well with your hands (no lumps should be formed).
- Pour in 2 tsp of olive oil and mix them.
- Divide it to small portions and roll them to a ball and shape them like muffin or buns.
- Beat the leftover egg with a fork until fluffy.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Grease the muffin tray, with little oil and gently place the fish pieces and grease them with the beaten egg.
- Bake until it turns golden in color or for 5 mins.
- Remove from the oven.
Cut it to two pieces and serve hot.
Good job fooling everyone! Very innovative. Happy FF!
Haha! I would be completely fooled as well–it looks just like a muffin to me! It sounds delicious, and I think I quite enjoy the muffin shape. I would choose that over a normal shaped fish cutlet! 😀