When the boiling summer started, not only kids but also kids and elder people, we crave to have something chill like ice creams and juices. But for having this we need to move to an ice cream parlour or a super market in this boiling summer. Nobody wants to move out, but you can do something which is healthy, perfect for summer with everything natural.
As a result comes my melon popsicles, a very healthy, no added preservatives, colors, essence and everything natural and kids can have as many as they want. Also a perfect way for kids to consume fruits for summers. A perfect coolant give a try and #beattheheat this summer. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other summer recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/2016/04/07/summer-recipes-chill-chill-cool-cool/
Preparation Time: 4 to 6 hrs
Yields: 12 Popsicles
- Watermelon – ½ kg
- Musk melon – ½ kg
- Grapes (Black) – 15 nos
- Sugar – 2 tbsp (optional)
- Separate the skin of watermelon, roughly chop them into pieces, deseed the pieces and keep them aside.
- Separate the skin of muskmelon, scoop out the seeds, roughly chop them into pieces and keep them aside.
- Wash and slice the grapes into thin pieces and keep it aside.
- Take the watermelon in a blender along with a tbsp. of sugar and blend them to a juice, transfer it to a bowl and keep it aside.
- Take the popsicles mould, fill half of the mould with watermelon juice and add in few pieces of grapes.
- Freeze them for 2 hrs or until it freezes (medium solid), do not cover it.
- Remove the popsicles from the freezer, pour in the muskmelon over the watermelon, and add in grapes slices.
- Cover the popsicles or insert a ice cream stick and freeze it for another 3 to 4 hrs or until it freezes completely.
- After 4 hrs remove the popsicles from the freezer and keep them in a bowl of tap water for 5 mins.
- Gently lift the cover to get the popsicles.
Note: You can also make this any fruits of your flavor or can make with a single fruit. Also I have prepared few muskmelon popsicles and watermelon popsicles. If you like to have little spicy flavor in the popsicles, you can add ¼ tsp of black pepper powder and a pinch of salt along with sugar when you are about to blend.