Lassi is one of the refreshing, cold beverage from India. There are certain fruits used as flavoring to enhance better taste for lassi. Summer is the season of Mangoes – the King of Fruits. Everyone including from kids till elderly people likes mangoes to the core. Mango Lassi is a yogurt-based drink blended with mango pulp for flavor with a sprinkle of cardamom. Lassi being one of the most familiar and perfect drink for hot hot summers.
Do check out my sweet laasi in this link:https://madraasi.com/2015/03/15/sweet-lassi/ , mint lassi: https://madraasi.com/2016/03/22/mint-lassi/ and other summer recipes: https://madraasi.com/2016/04/07/summer-recipes-chill-chill-cool-cool/
Let us move on to the recipe…
- Mangoes (Alphonso) – 1 no
- Yogurt/Curd – 2 cups
- Milk – ½ cup
- Granulated sugar – 3 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Peel and roughly chop the mangoes.
- Take mango pieces, milk, sugar and cardamom powder in a blender, blend them to a fine paste.
- Now pour in the curd/yogurt, and whip for a min at regular intervals.
- Transfer to a glass, top with ice cubes.
Note: Do not blend, once you pour in the curd. Just whipping does the great job, else you would be out of perfect texture.