Trifle is a rich dessert layered with fruits, cream and cake or biscuits. I thought of creating a fruit trifle with summer fruits in Indian style and so named it as Summer Fruit Trifle. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other summer recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/2016/04/07/summer-recipes-chill-chill-cool-cool/
- Apple – ½ no
- Black plum – 1 no
- Custard – 5 tbsp
- Banana – 1 nos
- Ginger cookies – 4 nos
- Pomegranate – ¼ cup
- Custard powder – 2 tbsp.
- Milk – 3 cups
- Wash the fruits and drain the water.
- Deseed apple and plums, chop them into small pieces (cubes).
- Preparing custard: Mix custard powder in a cup of milk (room temperature), after completely it gets dissolved, pour it to the hot milk, mix it continuously by cooking low flame (so lumps should be formed). Transfer it to a bowl, once the custard thickens.
- Crush the ginger cookies and keep it aside.
- Take a glass, add in the crushed cookies, layer them with banana pieces, again layer them with black plum pieces.
- Pour in 2 tbsp of custard and then layer with apple pieces, then again layer them with pomegranate.
- Pour in 2 tbsp of custard, spread it evenly.
- Top with very pieces of banana, black plum, banana and pomegranate all together.
- Refrigerate for 30 mins.
Looks so tempting and delicious ,Deepa…
Try it Swapna