Yelaneer / Tender Coconut is one of the most important natural coolant for summer, and this tender coconut is available any time in India. But people like to have on summers, as it’s a perfect and natural coolant.
But whenever we have tender coconut, most of us avoid the tender coconut meat. When few of us like to have only when the meat is very thin so called “Valukai” in tamil. Even I avoid the meat when it’s hard and so thought of trying out a dish with this hard tender coconut meat. This resulted in the birth of Yelaneer / Tender Coconut Custard.
Yelaneer Custard can be consumed as such or it can be served with fruits or can be topped with sweets. Yelaneer Custard was delicious with a fluffy and spongy texture which gets melted in the mouth and make us feel fresh. Happy this is my second recipe with yelaneer as I have already shared Yelaneer Paysam. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other summer recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/2016/04/07/summer-recipes-chill-chill-cool-cool/.
- Tender coconut meat / Yelaneer Thengai – 2 nos
- Milk – ½ cup
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Agar-agar – a fistful
- Mixed fruits (pomegranate, apple, papaya, watermelon) – 2 cups
- Drain all the water and take only the tender coconut meat in the blender. Blend well to a fine paste.
- Pour in the milk along with sugar and blend them well to a fine paste.
- Meanwhile wash the agar-agar in running water (until it becomes soft).
- Boil the water, add in the agar-agar and continue until it gets dissolved in water.
- Remove from flame, bring it to room temperature.
- Pour it to the tender coconut paste, continue blending it to fine paste.
- Pour it to bowl, refrigerate it for 5 hrs.
- Peel and finely chop the fruits. In a glass bowl, start layering the fruits one by one and top it with tender coconut custard.
- Refrigerate for an hr or 30 mins.