Dal fry and rasam is one of the epic combination in all Tamilians house. What you do when you have leftover Dal fry, vegetable stir-fry (poriyal) and rasam at home, no worries you can prepare a yummy sambar with all these. If you don’t have rasam never mind you can substitute rasam with little tamarind extract. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other vegetarian recipes here – Vegetarian
Taking this to itspotluck – Leftover Makeover for WorldDay #itsLeftoverMakeover
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Yields: 6 persons
1 cup – 160 ml
- Dal fry – 1 cup
- Rasam or Tamarind extract – 1 cup
- Sambar powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Any veggies stir-fry/poriyal (optional) – ½ cup
- Coriander leaves – 4 stalks
- Salt to taste
- Clean and finely chop the coriander leaves, keep it aside.
- Add in the dal fry along with ½ cup of water in a kadai, stir it well, so that no lumps should be formed.
- Keep in medium flame, let it boil, add in the veggie stir-fry/poriyal and pour in 1 cup of rasam.
- Sprinkle sambar powder, cover and cook.
- Stir well, let it boil and wait until it thickens.
- Remove from fire, transfer it to a bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot. Goes out well with Idly, Dosa or Adai/lentil dosa for breakfast or dinner.