This minced meat curry is something simple, easy and can be made in minutes. This goes out well with Poori, Idly, Dosa and Chapathi. My mother and grandmother use to prepare this very often for poori or for dosa. I like this right from my childhood. I prepare this usually when my kids demand poori for lunch. Let me share the recipe…
For my other breakfast and dinner recipes, click here.
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #117 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
- Minced meat (lamb) – ½ kg
- Onion – 2 nos (medium size)
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Ginger – 2 nos (I inch pieces each)
- Fennel seeds – 1 ½ tsp
- Poppy seeds – 1 ½ tsp
- Coconut pieces – 4 tbsp
- Cinnamon – 1 stick
- Cloves – 3 nos
- Star Anise – 1 no
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Peel and finely chop the onions to small pieces.
- Take fennel seeds, poppy seeds, ginger, garlic, coconut pieces and blend them together to a fine paste by adding little water.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add in the cloves, cinnamon, star anise and wait until they crackle.
- Add in the onions and cook until they turn golden brown.
- Pour in the coconut paste, add in the chili powder, coriander powder, and cumin powder, salt and cook until the oil separates and floats on the top.
- Add in the minced meat and cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Pour in 1 ½ cups of water, pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Remove the lid when the pressure subsides, keep in low flame until the curry thickens and oil separated and floats on the top.
- Transfer to a bowl.