This was my long time wait dish, finally got to prepare last week and share it today. A perfect dish to give a try now…
- Raw Mango Grated – 1 ½ cups
- Steamed rice – 1 cup
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split Black gram – ¼ tsp
- Channa Dal – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Red chillies – 3 nos
- Asafoetida – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add in the mustard seeds, split black gram, channa dal and curry leaves. Wait until they crackle.
- Tear the red chillies into pieces and add the red chillies along with asafetida, cook for few seconds.
- Add in the grated mango, turmeric powder and cook until the grated mango gets cooked or until the raw smell goes off.
- Add in the steamed rice, sprinkle little salt and cook for 5 mins or until the rice gets blend well with the mango.
- Remove from fire and transfer to a bowl.