This was my long time wait dish, finally got to prepare last week and share it today. A perfect dish to give a try now…
- Raw Mango Grated – 1 ½ cups
- Steamed rice – 1 cup
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split Black gram – ¼ tsp
- Channa Dal – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Red chillies – 3 nos
- Asafoetida – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add in the mustard seeds, split black gram, channa dal and curry leaves. Wait until they crackle.
- Tear the red chillies into pieces and add the red chillies along with asafetida, cook for few seconds.
- Add in the grated mango, turmeric powder and cook until the grated mango gets cooked or until the raw smell goes off.
- Add in the steamed rice, sprinkle little salt and cook for 5 mins or until the rice gets blend well with the mango.
- Remove from fire and transfer to a bowl.
Serve hot. Goes out well for lunch with rice crackers or any thuvaiyal.
Looks so yummy, Deepa!
Raw mangoes and summer go hand in hand. Scratch that, mangoes and summer go hand in hand. And Raw Mango Rice looks so good! <3. I was introduced to this as Mavinkayi Chitranna when I moved to Bangalore. But even my Gujarati taste buds love this! 🙂
Yeah in kannada, dey call it as Mavinkayi Chitranna