Here is one more opportunity for people to meet the amazing hosts of Master Chef Australia – It’s very easy and simple, if you are Britannia Chunkies Lover, it’s much easier for you and no worries if you haven’t tasted yet. Just walk down the street, grab a packet of Britannia Good Day Chunkies from the neighborhood shop and follow the below things:
Step 1: Make an amazing dish with Chunkies
Step 2: Upload a picture of the dish with a Chunkies pack on your FB/Twitter/Instagram account with #ChefsWithChunkies. Also, put up your recipe as a note on FB or on your blog and share the link in your entry. 10 lucky winners stand a chance to meet the Masterchef Australia hosts in person on the 4th of June, 2016!
For contest terms & conditions, refer to this link: https://www.facebook.com/BritanniaGoodDay/?fref=ts
And now here is my entry – Muddy Custard with Britannia Chunkies
The Britannia Good Day Chunkies is truly unlike any other cookie I have eaten.They are big crumbly cookies loaded with chocolate chips that just melt in my mouth-absolutely delicious!
And so keeping the texture of this Britannia Chunkies in my mind, thought of preparing something related to the term Muddy. As I like custard to the core, thought why not a chunkie custard, which would be a unique, yummy, delicious and heavenly dessert prepared with just two ingredients. This is how my Muddy Custard with Britannia Chunkies came to existence. #ChefsWithChunkies.
Everyone in our home right from my hubby till my younger one (4 yrs) liked it to the core. The texture was too good with three layers, first one with the crumbles, second one with the original custard, third one with the chunky custard and the fourth one again with the crumbles, topped with pieces of chunkies. Let me share the recipe…
- Britannia Good Day Chunkies – 1 pack (100 gm)
- Home Made Custard – 5 tbsp
- Blend 3 Britannia chunkies for almost a min (it will turn to a paste). Transfer it to a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, take 2 tbsp of custard, add in the chunky paste and mix well (ensure no lumps should be formed). Keep it aside.
- Now just crumble 2 Britannia chunkies in a blender for just 5 seconds. Transfer it to a bowl and keep it aside.
- Take a glass or bowl, first layer it with crumbled Britannia chunkies (it should be like a bed).
- Then gently drop in the plain custard, level it well, for the second layer.
- Then gently drop in the chunky custard, level it well, for the third layer.
- Again sprinkle the chunky crumbles, for the fourth layer.
- Now break another chunky and top it over the chunky layer.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
Note: I have used home made custard, you can also use the store bought one. For home-made Custard recipe, click here.