Black jamun known as Navvar pazham or Navaapazham in tamil is a seasonal fruit packed with loads of health benefits. These are good source for diabetic patients, relieves stomach pain, diarrhea, good for digestion, and controls menustral disorder for women.
Recently we have been to Jungle Retreat, Masinagudi and there was a big jamun with loads of jamuns, thought of collecting it on the day we were about to leave, but unfortunately a bear ate most of the jamun which are easy to reach and the next morning I got to collect only the leftovers.
As it was farm fresh, it tastes divine to eat. But apart from eating stored few of them for developing recipes, and here comes my Black Jamun / Indian Blackplum / Navvar Pazham Mocktail. Let me share the recipe…
For more juice, mocktail, lemonade recipes, Click here.
- Black Jamun – ½ kg
- Granadine – 3 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Castor Sugar – 4 tsbp
- Black salt – ¼ tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Mint leaves – 2 sprigs
- Wash and deseed the jamun fruit.
- Take out the flesh and skin of the jamun, blend them well by adding little water.
- Strain the juice, add in 2 tbsp of strained flesh to the juice.
- Pour in the lemon juice, granadine and mix well.
- Add in the castor sugar, black salt and salt, mix well.
- Crush 3 to 4 mint leaves, add it to the juice.
Refrigerate and served chilled, by topping it with a small mint sprig.
Note: Granadine available in stores, will soon update the recipe, it’s nothing but similar to Pomegranate Squash.