Qubani Ka Meetha is a traditional and authentic dessert of Hyderabadi cuisine. This is prepared with the dried apricots and they are most probably served in all the festivals in Hyderabad, most commonly on weddings.
A very simple, easy and delicious dish but consumes time in the preparation. Let me share the recipe…
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #127 hosted by angie-thenovicegarderner.
- Dried Apricots – 20 nos
- Sugar – 7 to 8 tbsp
- Badam/Almonds – 6 nos
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Soak dried apricots in 4 to 5 cups of water (it should sink) for almost 10 hrs or overnight.
- Remove the seeds from the apricots, roughly chop them small pieces.
- Boil those chopped apricots in the soaked water for almost 30 mins or until the apricots comes to mashing consistency.
- Add in the sugar, give a stir and cook in low flame for 5 mins.
- Pour in the lemon juice, give a stir and cook in low flame for 5 mins or until it thickens or comes to a syrup consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl, garnish with thinly sliced badam/almonds.
Serve warm or chilled with sliced badam/almonds or with rabdi.
For more Ramzan/Ramadhan/Iftar or Eid recipes, click here.
Well Compiled and shared !
Wonderful learning about this dish, it sounds delicious and thank you so much for bringing to the party.
Thanks for your kind words