Thought of trying out something new for breakfast for kids. My kids wanted to have a dish which is similar to English and so tired my hands over this Buttermilk Biscuits. These biscuits are soft, fluffly and buttery. These biscuits can be served with breakfast or may be a tea time snack or may be a brunch. It was only few mins, there biscuits disappeared once when they are out from the oven. Give a try and enjoy with your kids. Let me share the recipe…
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #127 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
- All-purpose flour / Maida – 2 cups
- Unsalted butter – 6 tbsps
- Salt – a pinch
- Club soda – ½ cup
- Buttermilk – ¼ cup
- Egg – 1 no
- Honey – 3 tbsp
- Unsalted butter – 1 cup
- Take maida/all-purpose flour and salt in a wide mouth bowl, mix them well with your hands.
- Grate 6 tbsp of butter to the bowl, crumble the flour along with the butter, until the flour reaches crumbling stage.
- Pour in the buttermilk and mix well with your hands.
- Pour in the club soda and mix well to form a dough.
- Fold the dough well 5 to 6 times to get a proper ball shape.
- Beat an egg in a bowl, whisk it until it becomes fluffy.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Grease a baking tray.
- Gently spread the dough evenly all over the tray, cut it to square or rectangular pieces, brush it with the whisked egg.
- Bake for 15 to 20 mins at 180 degree C or until it fluffs and starts turning golden brown.
- In a bowl, take the 1 cup of butter, pour in the honey with a pinch of salt and beat it well, until they are combined.
Serve warm with Honey Butter. Bring this room temperature and store them in an air-tight container for almost and refrigerate it. Stays fresh for month time.
For more baking recipes, click here.
These look so fluffy !! 🙂
wow, something innovative for me.. Love to have it straight away.. 🙂
Nothing like buttermilk biscuits; thank you for bringing them to the Fiesta this week 🙂
These look really good. 😀 Happy FF! x
This looks so easy and I can only imagine how good they will smell when out of the oven! oh yes, and to devour, sorry eat as well! 🙂
Hahaaa give a try