Chicken Sausage Lollipops is one of the most interesting and yummylicious dish for after school snacks or even back to home snack. A perfect snack to munch for tea time.
Wonder what to prepare for kids, when they are back home and found a packet of sausage lying in the chiller tray. Thought of deep frying them in a batter with a toothpick inserted inside to hold, which would be more comfortable for kids to munch. Let me share the recipe…
- Chicken Sausage – 8 nos
- Corn meal /Maize flour – ½ cup
- Chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Egg – 1 no
- Oil for deep frying
- Take the corn meal, chilli powder, garam masala, black pepper powder in a bowl. Mix all these together.
- Pour in ¼ cup of water little by little and mix them well (be sure no lumps should be formed).
- Break in the egg and mix them well with the batter, let it rest for 5 mins (the batter should be little thick, so that it can coat the sausage).
- Heat the oil in a kadai.
- Chop the sausage into four equal halves, insert a tooth pick from the bottom.
- Gently roll the sausage in the batter, so that the sausage gets coated perfectly.
- Gently drop it to the oil and deep fry them for 3 to 4 mins or until it turns golden brown.
- Drain the oil and remove the sausage.
Serve hot with Mayonnaise and Tomato Ketchup.
I’m all about snack-type food, and these look super yummy! Thanks for sharing on Fiesta Friday!
Thanks Collen, recently started collecting #afterschoolsnacks recipe