As vinayagar Chaturthi is on the way, thought of preparing something unique and healthy – mostly no sugar Modak and here evolved my Nutty Modak flavored with Honey and nuts. Let me share the recipe…
Want to know about Vinayagar Chaturthi – CLICK HERE and for Kolukattai recipes – CLICK HERE.
Taking it to Fiesta Friday #135 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
- Nuts (Cashew nuts, Almonds, Pistachios and Walnuts) – each 8 nos
- Rice flour (store bought) – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Honey – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Take all the nuts together in a blender and coarsely blend them.
- Transfer it to bowl, pour in the honey and mix it well.
- Take the rice flour in a bowl, pour in boiling water and mix it well with a spoon.
- Knead the dough with your hands to ball.
- Take a small portion of the dough, grease the modak mould, stuff the mould with the dough and make a hole with your index finger.
- Stuff the filling in the hole and close the hole with dough.
- Open the mould, gently take the modak.
- Steam them, until they are cooked.
Serve hot or at room temperature.
Making of Nutty Modak –
They are so beautiful, very special and thank you for bringing to FF!