Beetroot Rice is one such delicious, colorful, flavorful and healthiest variety rice, which can be prepared in minutes when you have steamed rice in your hands. Because of its color and taste, I am sure that it would be the best and very big hit among kids. An easy and simple way to make kids consume beetroot. As beetroot is packed with loads of nutrients and helps in lower blood pressure, boost your stamina, beetroot juice helps in maintaining the hemoglobin level. Let us move on to the recipe…
For more vegetarian variety rice recipe – CLICK HERE.
Taking it to Fiesta Friday #135 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
- Grated Beetroot – 1 cup
- Steamed Rice – 2 cups
- Onion – 1 no (medium sized)
- Green chillies – 2 nos
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split Black gram – ½ tsp
- Split Bengal gram / Channa dal – 2 tsp
- Asafoetida – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
Making of Beetroot Rice –
- Peel and thinly slice (lengthwise) the onion, keep it aside.
- Slit the green chillies into two equal halves.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard, split black gram, split Bengal gram and curry leaves, wait until they crackle.
- Add in the onions and green chillies, cook until the onions turn golden brown.
- Add in the grated beetroot, turmeric powder, salt and asafetida, cook until the raw smell goes off and the beetroot is completely cooked.
- Add in the steamed rice, stir well with the beetroot and cook for 2 mins or until the rice gets blend well with the beetroot.
- Remove from fire, transfer it to a bowl.
Serve hot with chips or pappad or rice crackers. I have accompanied it with Arbi Fry / Colocaesia Fry / Chepang kilangu fry.
I think anyone would enjoy this colorful version of rice. I have never used beet root before or beets for that matter. But after reading all of the health benefits you provided I should have this in my diet. Thanks for coming to the party and sharing with Fiesta Friday.