Bisi bele bath is one among the most authentic and traditional food of Karnataka. My kids love the bisibelebath and so I use to prepare atleast once in a week for their lunch box, so I use to prepare this Masala and store them in an air tight container and use whenever in need, also this makes my cooking easier and faster. Let me share the recipe…
- Dry red chillies – 10 nos
- Byadgi red chilli (would have wrinkles) – 10 nos
- Split Bengal gram / Kadala paruppu / Channa dal – 3 tbsp
- White lentils / Ulundam paruppu / Urad dal – 3 tbsp
- Fenugreek / Vendayam / Methi seeds – ¼ tsp
- Coriander seeds / Malli – 4 tbsp
- Cumin seeds / Jeeragam – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds / Kadugu – ¾ tsp
- Poppy seeds / Khasa Khasa – ¾ tbsp
- Cinnamon sticks – 3 nos (1 inch stick)
- Cloves – 5 nos
- Oil – 1 ½ tsp
Making of Bisibelebath Masala:
- Heat a kadai, drizzle oil, add all the above given spices and roast them until you get a wonderful, be sure that it should not be burnt.
- Transfer it to a plate, bring it room temperature.
- Grind it to a fine powder, spread it over a plate for few mins, and bring it to room temperature.
Store it in an air-tight container. Stays fresh for month time. CLICK HERE for Bisibelebath recipe.
Note: Byadi red chillies gives perfect color to the food and regular chilli is used for spiciness in the masala.