When it comes to Eastern Beef Ularthu Masala, people think we can only prepare Beef Ularthu Masala, but we forget about the flavor, texture and colour of the masala. Yes, we can prepare a vegetarian dish with the non-veg masala, and so is Eastern Beef Ularthu Masala. I have used Soya chunks/Meal maker for this recipe, you can also use cauliflower, baby potato and radish.
Soya chunks Roast is one such recipe, derived from Eastern Beef ularthu Masala. This goes out well as a side dish for lunch and dinner. It just takes 10 mins for the preparation and cooking.
Health benefits of Soya Chunks / Meal Maker – Soya chunks is rich in protein, reduces cholesterol, helps in digestion, also it reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
Note: I have used small Soya chunks, if you are using big ones, after soaking, squeeze the water, chop them into pieces and boil or pressure-cook them. Let me share the recipe…
- Soya Chunks – 1 ½ cups
- Eastern Beef ullarthu Masala – 2 tsp
- Grated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split Black gram – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – ¾ tsp (optional)
Making of Soya chunks / Meal Maker Fry –
- Soak soya chunks in water for 20 min, boil or pressure-cook for 3 whistles. Remove the lid when the pressure releases and drain water, reserve ½ cup of water for the later use.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add in the mustard seeds, split black gram, curry leaves, and wait until they crackle.
- Add the soya chunks, followed by EASTERN beef ullarthu masala, salt along with red chilli powder (only when you need spicier).
- Pour ½ cup of the reserved water and cook for 5 mins.
- Add grated coconut, when it becomes dry and cook for another 5 mins.
- Remove from fire, once it becomes dry.
Serve hot with any variety rice or steamed rice and sambar.