Potato Fritters / Urualaikilangu Vadai is one such recipe, which is a perfect food during vrat / viratham. It is also one of the highlights of Navratri.
Potato Fritters / Urulaikilangu Vadai is simple, easy and can be prepared in minutes. You can also prepare it as a tea time snack for the surprise guests. Let me share the recipe…
- Potato – 250 gm
- Rava/Semolina/Sooji – 100 gm
- Green chilli – 1 no
- Onion – 50 gm
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Coriander leaves – 2 stalks
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
Making of Potato Fritters / Urulaikilangu Vadai –
- Boil, peel and mash the potatoes, make sure to mash it well.
- Peel and finely chop the onions, chop the green chillies, curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Take a bowl, add the mashed potatoes, rava/semolina, cumin seeds, curry leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies and salt.
- Mix it all together.
- Heat oil in a kadai, grease your palm with oil, take a small portion of the dough, roll it to a ball, and flatten it in between your palms.
- Gently drop the flatten vadai, to the oil and deep fry them on both sides. (Cook only in medium flame, since the potatoes are cooked already they would get burnt easily).
- Drain the oil and remove the vada from fire, once it cooked.
Serve hot with a cup of tea or coffee.