Yesterday, we celebrated both Saraswathi Puja and Ayudha Puja at our home. Goddess Saraswathi, is the goddess of knowledge, music, arts, wisdom and learning and we worship her on this day by preparing offerings and puja. Ayudha Puja – the word Ayudha means Tools, people do puja for their tools, by keeping the tools infront of the goddess and take it the very next day early morning and perform their work.
I prepared 9 varities of Sundal and Puliyodharai (Stay tuned for the recipe) and Bamboo Rice Sweet Pondal (Stay tuned for the recipe).
For Navratri recipes – CLICK HERE
- Kondakadalai / Channa / Chickpeas – White
- Kondakadalai / Channa / Chickpeas – Black
- Black Lentil / Black Urad dal / Karuppu Ulundu
- Green Lentil / Paasipayaru / Mung Bean
- Horse gram / Kollu
- Dried Green Peas / Pachai Pattani
- Dried yellow peas / Pattani
- Split Chickpeas / Kadalai Paruppu / Split Bengal gram
- Sweet corn / Cholam