Usually when it comes to spinach, it would be a great challenge for me to make my kids consume it. So I do combine the spinach with rice with spices too enhance the taste and flavor of the rice. Already have updated on such recipe – Spinach Rice, which I have roasted the spices and grounded the masala to enhance the flavor.
This Corn and Spinach rice is very easy, simple, delicious, and healthy and takes just 5 to 10 minutes to prepare. A best lunch box recipe, also I have been sharing my daily lunch box in instagram – do follow and stay connected with our instastories. Also this requires very few ingredients that are available in all the kitchens. Let me share the recipe…
Corn and Spinach Rice
CLICK HERE for more Vegetarian Variety rice recipe
- Sweet Corn – ¼ cup
- Spinach – ½ cup
- Rice – 1 cup
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Green chilli – 1 no
- Flavored spices (Cinnamon – 1, Cloves – 3 nos, Star Anise – 1 no, Bay leaf – 1 no)
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil or Coconut oil – 2 tsp
Onions, garlic and green chillies getting cooked along with flavored spices
With spinach and corn
with black pepper powder, cumin powder and salt
Corn and Spinach Rice
- Clean and separate the spinach from the stalk and roughly chop them to small pieces.
- Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic to small pieces. Slit the green chilli to equal halves.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker, pour the oil, add the flavored spices and wait until they splutter.
- Add the finely chopped onions and garlic, cook in medium flame for few mins or until they trun golden brown in color.
- Add the green chilli, corn and spinach, followed by salt, cumin powder, black pepper powder and cook for few mins or until the spinach shrinks in size.
- Add the rice and pour water, cook until the rice is steamed, if you are using pressure cooker, pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Transfer the rice to a bowl.
Serve hot with any veg or non-veg gravy along with pappad/appalam.
Note: If you are using frozen corn you can use it directly, else steam the corn, separate the corn kernels from the corn and use them.
As I have shared in earlier posts few recipes with prawn head – Prawn head curry, Prawn head Fry and now its prawn head rice. Instead of throwing out the prawn head, you can use them to flavor your rice, which gives you a wonderful flavor and aroma to your rice.
This is very simple and easy to prepare, but clean the prawn head well – CLICK HERE to know how to clean Prawns and Prawns head. This rice goes out well with fish curry or prawn curry. I would say when you prepare prawn curry; instead of throwing out the head you could use them in the rice as Buttery Prawn Head Rice. Let me share the recipe…
CLICK HERE for more seafood recipes.
Buttery Prawn Head Rice
- Prawn head – 150 gm
- Steamed rice – 1 cup
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 7 cloves
- Coriander – 6 stalks
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Making of Prawn Head Rice –
- Clean the prawn head – CLICK HERE to know how to clean the prawn head with video.
- Finely chop the garlic cloves, separate the coriander leaves and stalks, finely chop them and keep it separately.
- Heat butter in a kadai, add the garlic pieces, and cook until they turn golden brown.
- Add the coriander stalks and cook them for few seconds.
- Add the prawn head along with little salt and pepper powder. Cook until the prawn head turns red in color.
- Add the steamed rice, add salt if you need for rice else leave it.
- Cook (keep on stirring) for about 3 mins or until it becomes dry.
- Sprinkle the chopped coriander leaves and cook for a min (keep on stirring).
- Remove from fire and transfer it to a bowl.
Serve hot with Prawn curry or Fish curry for lunch.
Chicken Salomi is high in protein content; also it’s perfectly fits for breakfast, brunch or for tea-time. It suits best for weight-loss and for body building or for gym goers. Chicken Salomi is available in all the grocery shops at the cold storage section.
As PALEO-FRIENDLY, this chicken salami can be served in this same process but without bread. Let me share the recipe…
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #147 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
Chicken Salami Sandwich
- Chicken Salami – 6 nos
- Bread Slices – 12 nos
- Cucumber – 1 nos
- Tomatoes – 2 nos
- Onions – 2 nos
- Mayonnaise – 4 tbsp
- Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp.
Making of Chicken Salomi Sandwich –
- Defreeze the chicken salami pieces.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a pan; fry the chicken salami for a 2 to 3 mins on both sides. Remove from fire.
- Peel and thinly slice the cucumber and onions to round shape and keep it aside.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes to round shape and keep it aside.
- Chop the sides of the bread and keep it aside.
- Take the bread slices and rub mayonnaise over them, only on one side.
- Place the onion pieces over the mayonnaise layer, then the tomato pieces.
- Place the roasted chicken saloni and then place the cucumber pieces.
- Sprinkle little pepper powder and salt if needed.
- Cover it with another bread, rubbed with mayonnaise.
Serve at room temperature for breakfast or for brunch or for tea-time.