As most of us are looking out for healthy recipes, but like to have desserts especially when it comes to cakes, who say no? So thought of making a healthy cake, this resulted in my vegan Coffee Cake with walnuts. Already I shared my Coffee Cake with Nutty crunch and this cake is very special and completely different from that as it has no eggs, no butter, no sugar, and no milk and prepared with wheat flour/atta.
This cake is very healthy dessert and good not only for weight watchers, but also for diabetes people. Also this tastes yum, and has the soft and fluffy texture which would be liked by everyone. Enjoy your winter by giving a try to this healthy and delicious Vegan Coffee Cake. Let me share the recipe…
CLICK HERE for more baking recipes.
Awwww. Its Friday, taking my cake to Fiesta Friday #149 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
- Wheat flour / Atta – 1 ½ cups
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Walnuts – ½ cup
- Oil – 1 cup
- Black Coffee – 1 cup
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Organic Brown Sugar – 1 cup
Making of Vegan Coffee Cake with Walnuts –
- Sieve the wheat flour, cinnamon powder, salt and baking powder, all together in a bowl. Keep it aside.
- Crush or finely chop the walnuts to pieces and keep it aside.
- Take a wide mouth bowl, pour oil, black coffee, lemon juice and add the organic brown sugar, mix it well until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Take 2 tsps of sieved flour and keep it aside.
- Add the leftover sieved flour to the black coffee mixture, little by little and fold them well without any lumps.
- Meanwhile preheat the microwave to 180 degree C and grease the cake tray.
- Add the walnuts to the reserved sieved flour and mix it well. Make sure that the walnuts have got coated well with the flour.
- Add walnuts along with the flour to the cake batter and mix it well. Refer the above video for the consistency.
- Transfer the cake batter to the greased tray and bake it for 5 to 10 mins or until a tooth pick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean at 180 degree C.
- Once baked, let the cake rest for 5 mins and transfer the cake to a plate.
Serve hot or at room temperature or chilled. Perfect for a tea-time or perfect for brunch with a scoop of ice cream.
I love the use of whole wheat and that the cake looks scrumtious! thanks for sharing it with us at Fiesta Friday!
Can I use white sugar instead of brown sugar.
Yeah sure you can.