Got an invite for food review – Rayaru’s kitchen – a pucca Karnataka style Military Hotel. Actually being a south Indian non-veg, I like to have non-veg especially the lamb and lamb spare parts with perfect spicy and flavorful masala, somehow I tried out in different places but taste was that I expected and now here I had all the dishes perfectly done as per south Indian style. Let me share my experience…
About Hotel Rayaru’s: They are opened for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A typical south Indian breakfast with thatte idly and botti (lamb intestine) curry, akki roti, ragi roti. Lunch with briyani meals, begga oota (full meals) and dinner with many more from lamb leg soup to bun parotta.
Location: It is located on the Indira Nagar Double road, nearer to ESI hospital.
Ambiance: Usually military hotels, are mostly preferable for takeaway when it comes to family. Here there are two floors, well designed for family and also beautiful aquarium which adds more beauty to the hotel.
Parking: Parking space is available infront of the hotel, else you need to take the lane nearer to the hotel for parking.
Service: Service was too good.
Food: When it comes to food, food was too good and there was more unique names and style in the food. Let me share the food we had there…
- Soup –
- Mutton Paya Saaru – which is given as compliment for everyone.
- Lamb Leg soup – Soup was made to perfection with the right amount of pepper in it.
- Starters –
- Chicken Paddu – I have come across vegetable paddu, but this is the first time to have chicken paddu, chicken was cooked to perfection as it remains juicy and delicious.
- Red snapper fry (fish fry)
- Chicken Koliwada
- Natti chicken fry
- Botti Masala
- Thalae Mamsa Pepper fry
- Brain fry
- Mutton Liver fry
- Main course
- Curry – Mutton chops, Natti chicken curry
- Biryani Meals – Donne Biryani served with a portion of roti or mudde, steamed rice, non-veg curry, raita and saaru.
- Begga Oota (full meals) – Steamed rice, pulav, non-veg curry, mudde or roti, pickle, pappad and salad.
- Ragi Roti and Akki Roti.
- Chicken Lappa – Chicken keema masala stuffed in a paratha.
- Coconut Lappa – Grated coconut mixed with sugar and stuffed in a paratha.
A must to try for all the military hotel lovers in Bangalore.