Fried rice is one of the popular dish, it can be prepared in a street food and also the other ways. Commonly we like to have fried rice from a street vendor, it tastes different and good. We use to have it at least once in two months, but for almost a year, the shop was closed. And so, thought of preparing it at home and the taste was too good and more similar to that one. Also, this is a perfect for lunch box. Let me share the recipe…
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #160 hosted by Angie@thenovicegardener.
CLICK HERE for Chicken Recipes.
- Chicken – 200 gm
- Steamed rice – 1 ½ cups
- Capsicum (yellow, green, red) – ¼ cup
- Carrot – ¼ cup
- Cabbage – ¼ cup
- Spring onions – 4 stalks
- Black pepper powder – 2 tsp
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Eggs – 2 nos
- Soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 ½ tbsp
Making of Chicken Fried Rice –
- Clean and finely chop the chicken into pieces.
- Clean and finely chop the capsicum, cabbage and spring onions, peel and finely chop the carrot, garlic.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add garlic, carrot, cabbage and capsicum, cook for few mins or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add chicken pieces followed by salt and pepper powder and cook for few mins or until the chicken turns pale white in color.
- Pour tomato sauce and soy sauce and cook for a min or until the raw smell goes off.
- Add spring onions and cook for few seconds.
- Break the eggs, stir it well, cook for few seconds (the egg should not be completely cooked).
- Add the steamed rice and mix it well, cook in high flame until the rice becomes dry.
- Sprinkle a handful of spring onions and remove it from fire.
Serve it hot with Butter chicken or any gravy.
This is one of my favorites, Deepa!
Mine too Sandhya, dat to street food style. I love it.
The chicken fried rice looks absolutely delicious, Deepa! I would love to have it just as is 🙂 Thanks for getting it to the party!
You are most welcome Dear