Bread scramble is an easy, simple and quick breakfast or a tea-time snack that goes out well with cup of coffee or tea. My hubby was the one who told me about this dish, as he used to have this in the office canteen. Also, this would be perfect when you have few slices of bread, you no need any side dish for dish. Let me share the recipe…
CLICK HERE for Breakfast recipes and CLICK HERE for Snacks recipes
Taking it to Fiesta Friday #161 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
- Bread slices – 8 nos
- Eggs – 4 nos
- Onion – 1 no
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – a strand
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Making of Bread Scramble / Bread Bhurji / Scrambled Bread Egg –
- Cube the bread slices to medium pieces.
- Peel and finely chop the onions into pieces.
- Heat a heavy bottom vessel, add half of the butter and toss the cubed bread slices.
- Remove from fire and transfer it to a plate, once they start turning golden brown in color.
- Heat the leftover butter in the same vessel, add curry leaves once they crackle, add the onions.
- Cook until the onions turn golden brown in color.
- Add the chilli powder, garam masala, cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Break the eggs one by one and continue stirring it.
- Cook in medium flame, once the eggs are half done, add the bread slices and stir it well.
- So, that the bread slices get coat well with the eggs.
- Cook for few mins or until they are scrambled to the perfection.
- Remove it from fire.
Serve hot with a cup of coffee or tea.
Superb! I’ve never heard of egg bhurji dear 😋😋
I mean bread
I got few leftover bread slices, so gave a try an this was awesome 🙂 I loved it.
Oh wow, that sounds so good!
Thanks for bringing a second lovely Indian recipe to this week’s Fiesta Friday – I would to try this with my homemade garam masala!