Shepherd’s Pie is one such delicious and yum recipe from Irish Cuisine. As I have been sharing exotic recipes on wednesday’s, I love to go for this Shepherd’s Pie for this week. Shepherd’s pie is commonly prepared with minced beef, fish, lamb and chicken. My first attempt of shepherd pie with Minced meat, we all liked it to the core. Let me share the recipe…
CLICK HERE for Mutton/Lamb Recipes. Taking this to Fiesta Friday #166 hosted by Angie@thenovicegardener.
Do check out the video, subscribe with our You Tube channel, share your suggestions in the comment box and share our video with your friends and family.
- Minced meat (lamb) – 300 gms
- Onions – 100 gms
- Carrots – 50 gms
- Lamb Stock – 1 cup
- Worcester sauce – 1 ½ tbsp
- Cheese – 100 gms
- Boiled and mashed potatoes – 3 cups
- Butter – 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp (for mashed potato and tempering)
- Oregano – ¼ tsp
- Rosemary – ½ tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
Making of Shepherd’s Pie –
- Peel and finely chop the onions and carrots,
- Mash the potatoes to a paste by adding salt.
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a heavy bottomed vessel, add onions and cook for few mins.
- Add the carrots, cook until they turn soft.
- Add oregano, rosemary, chili powder, salt and cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Add the minced meat, pour the Worcester sauce and lamb stock, cover and cook until the gravy thickens and the meat becomes soft.
- Meanwhile preheat the microwave to 180-degree C.
- Take ramekins or a baking tray, add a spoonful of minced meat to the bowl, layer it with a spoonful of mashed potato, level it with the spoon.
- Top it with the grated cheese and bake for 10 10 15 mins at 180-degree C or until the cheese turns golden brown in color.
- Remove the ramekins from the microwave.
How exciting to find Shepherd’s Pie on your ‘exotic Wednesday’ list! It’s a family favourite, but your take on it looks just too pretty! Thanks for bringing this post along to Fiesta Friday! I hope you enjoy the pospartyts, it’s such an exciting mixture of posts this week.
Thanks Dear, so happy to hear your feedback 🙂
That has to be the most elegant shepherd’s pie I’ve ever seen! Yum!