Usually we prepare French beans stir-fry with some spice powder or with green chillies and coconut, but this time it’s completely different. I have prepared this French Beans Stir-fry with Idly chilli Powder.
CLICK HERE for more vegetarian recipes. Taking this to Fiesta Friday #166 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
It was delicious, but consumed little time that the usual one, not only it can be served as side dish for food. But also it can be served along with Steamed rice and a tsp of ghee / clarified butter. Let me the share the recipe…
- French Beans – ½ kg
- Idly chilli powder – 4 tbsp
- Coconut Oil – 2 ½ tbsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split Blackgram – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Clean and remove the ends and finely chop the French beans into pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard, split blackgram and curry leaves, wait until they crackle.
- Add the finely chopped French beans and cook for few mins.
- Sprinkle little water once they become dry, continue the same process.
- Once the French beans turns it color to pale green in color, add half the amount of Idly chilli powder and continue cooking.
- Check for the salt, as we have salt in Idly chilli powder.
- Once it’s almost done, sprinkle the leftover Idly chilli powder and cook for another few mins, so that it becomes crispy and soft.
- Transfer it to a bowl.
Serve hot with steamed rice topped with a tsp of ghee or serve as side dish for lunch.
This sounds lovely and quick to do and flaversome..just need to check Idly chilli powder I have a curry plant 🙂
Idly Chilli Powder recipe – https://madraasi.com/2016/10/23/idly-milagai-podi-idly-podi-idly-chutney-powder/
Delicious – and so simple! Thank you for sharing it with us at Fiesta Friday!
That must have amazing flavor! Happy FF!