What happens when there are so many mangoes around, my kids love to eat them as such, when it comes to me, I wanted to try some delicious recipe with mangoes (after eating it fresh). This resulted me in mango recipe collections and today it going to be Mango Chicken Salad.
This salad takes just few mins to prepare and also very easy, even kids can prepare this. This salad has sweet, crunchy, little sour, creamy and mild spice in it, due to the ingredients used in it. Let me share the recipe…
- Mango (Alphonso) – 1 no
- Chicken – ¼ kg (Boneless)
- Onions – 1 nos (medium size)
- Pepper powder – 2 ½ tsps
- Lemon juice – 2 tsps
- Ice-berg Lettuce – 1 head
- Cream Cheese – 3 tbsps
- Mayonnaise – 1 tbsp
- Cherry tomatoes – 8 nos
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp
- Peel and cut the mangoes to medium pieces.
- Clean and chop the chicken to small pieces, transfer it to a bowl, add 1 ½ tsp of pepper powder, 1 ½ tsp of lemon juice, salt and mix it all together. Marinate it for 15 mins.
- Peel and thinly slice the onions (lengthwise).
- Take cream cheese, mayonnaise, leftover pepper powder and mix it well until soft and creamy.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, fry the marinated chicken pieces until they turn golden brown on both sides.
- Drain the oil and transfer it to a plate.
- Pour the drained olive oil to the cream cheese mixture, mix it well.
- Now separate the petals of the ice-berg lettuce, take a plate and arrange it over the plate.
- Transfer the 2 to 3 tsps of cream cheese mixture over the lettuce and spread it over the plate.
- Add mangoes to the top it, and then sliced cherry tomatoes.
- Add fried chicken over it and drizzle cream cheese over the chicken.
- Serve at room temperature.
Note: You can also substitute cream cheese with sour cream and if don’t have cream cheese or sour cream you can omit the creamy portion.