Chicken 65 is one among the common food all over India, right from the star hotels till the street food it has placed its own signature. Been in blogging for almost 3.5 years, I wonder why I have not share the chicken 65 masala recipes? It was one of my followers who asked me for the recipe and this resulted in sharing this recipe with you.
This Chicken 65 masala, can be used for Gobi 65, Paneer 65, Fish 65 and so on. Also, it has no artificial food color, ginger-garlic and preservative to masala, this can be used even during festival for preparing fried vegetable. Later during marination you can add ginger-garlic or food color as you desire.
Taking this to Fiesta friday #171 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
CLICK HERE for more chicken recipes.
This stays fresh for 2 to 3 months, when you store it in an air-tight container. Do not use wet hands or never keep it open for long time, so that the freshness of the aroma goes off. Let me share the recipe…
- Dry Red Chillies / Vathal – 8 nos
- Kashmiri or Byadagi Chillies – 5 nos
- Coriander / Malli seeds – 2 tbsp
- Cumin / Jeeragam seeds – 2 tsbp
- Fennel / Sombu seeds – 1 tbsp
- Maida / All-purpose flour – 3 tbsp
- Rice flour – 1 ½ tbsp
- Salt – 1 ½ tsp
- Cinnamon – 2 no’s (1” inch stick)
- Cloves – 5 no’s
- Bay leaf – 1 no
- Star Anise – 2 no’s
- Cardamom – 4 no’s
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp (optional)
Making of Homemade Chicken 65 powder –
- Dry roast all the above given ingredients together except the maida and rice flour.
- Roast only for few minutes or until you get a wonderful aroma with the crackling sound of the spices.
- Transfer it to a plate, let it sit aside, until it reaches room temperature.
- Add the maida / all-purpose flour and rice flour to the same kadai, roast only in low flame.
- Keep on stirring, make sure to roast it only for few seconds and not to burn it. (refer the video for the texture).
- Transfer it to a plate, wait until it reaches room temperature.
- Grind all these together to a fine powder with salt.
- Sieve the ground powder to a plate, let it rest for 2 mins.
- Transfer it to an air-tight container, once it reaches room temperature.
Stays fresh for 2 to 3 months.