Every Wednesday I share an Exotic recipe, as of now being summer and the availability of mangoes, jack fruit resulted me in preparing the Mixed Fruits Halwa / Tri-Fruits or Mukkani Halwa. Do chck out my other Halwa Recipes – Banana Halwa, Corn flour Halwa, Badam / Almond Halwa, Wheat Halwa, Carrot Halwa, Beetroot Halwa.
As the name Mukkani in Tamil literature mentions Mango, Jack fruit and Banana and also together it tastes divine and smells fabulous. I could understand now you drool, so why wait give a try immediately and enjoy the halwa. Taking this to Fiesta Friday #161 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner. Let me share the recipe…
- Mango – 1 no
- Bananas – 2 nos
- Jack fruit – 10 nos
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Ghee / Clarified butter – 6 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 10 nos
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
Making of Mukkani Halwa / Tri-Fruits Halwa / Summer Fruits Halwa –
- Peel and roughly chop the mangoes into pieces. Peel the bananas and keep it aside.
- Deseed the jack fruits, take 2 jack fruits flesh and thinly slice them into pieces (lengthwise).
- Also, finely chop, a handful of mangoes and bananas into pieces, keep it aside.
- Take the deseeded jack fruits, roughly chopped mangoes and peeled bananas in a mixier and grind it to a fine paste by sprinkling little water, only if needed.
- Heat a heavy bottomed vessel, pour the ground fruit mixture, start stirring them.
- Keep on stirring until it thickens and start turning golden brown in color.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder and stir for few mins or until the sugar gets dissolved in the fruit mixture.
- Start drizzling ghee/clarified butter little by little at this stage and stir well by drizzling ghee at regular intervals until the fruit mixture oozes out the ghee/clarified butter.
- Meanwhile other side, heat a tbsp of ghee/clarified butter, add the cashew nuts and fry until they golden brown.
- Transfer the roasted cashew nuts to the halwa, stir well.
- Grease a bowl with ghee/clarified butter, transfer the halwa to the bowl and level it with the back side of the spoon.
- Wait until it reaches room temperature.
Serve hot or at room temperature.
Note: Make sure that mangoes, jack fruits and bananas should be well ripened, else there would be a complete change in the taste, flavor and color.