Recently during our trip to Kanyakumari, after a long walk and site seeing, we wanted to have something refreshing and thought of having soda, but the shopkeeper recommended us to have their nungu sharbhat.
Also do check out my Nungu Milkshake, Nungu Payasam (kheer) with Video, Nungu Crumble prepared by my son, Pistachios Nungu Mousse.
Nungu Sharbhat is a natural coolant, which refreshes people during summer and also helps in digestion after a long day work. Also it’s very tasty and healthy to have, as nungu is a seasonal fruit and summer is about to go, give a try to this nungu sharbhat as soon as possible. I have prepared two versions of this sharbath both with soda/sparkling water and the regular one.
Taking it to Fiesta Friday #173 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
CLICK HERE for more summer recipes and CLICK HERE for more Beverages recipes.
- Nungu (hard – 4 no’s, soft – 3 no’s) – 7 no’s
- Nannari / Sarsaparilla Syrup – 5 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 3 tbsp
- Sugar (optional) – 3 tsp
- Sabja / Falooda seeds – 4 tbsp
Making of Nungu Sharbath / Ice-Apple cooler / Toddy palm cooler –
- Soak falooda/sabja seeds in water for 20 mins.
- Peel the hard nungu’s and grind it to fine paste by sprinkling little water.
- Peel and finely chop the soft nungu’s to fine pieces and keep it aside for topping.
- For regular version – Take a glass, add 2 to 3 tsps of nungu paste, pour 2 tbsp of nannari syrup, a tbsp of lemon juice and water. Mix it well, so that the nungu paste blends well with the juice, add a tbsp of soaked sabja / falooda seeds. Top it with finely chopped nungu pieces, refrigerate and serve chilled.
- For Soda version – Take a glass, add 2 to 3 tsps of nungu paste, pour 2 tbsp of nannari syrup, a tbsp of lemon juice and sparkling water. Mix it well, so that the nungu paste blends well with the juice, add a tbsp of soaked sabja / falooda seeds. Top it with finely chopped nungu pieces and serve chilled.
Hi my name is Sriganesh from Malaysia. I like drink beverage recipes all. My humble request please upload how to make instant beaten coffee please thank you.
Sure Ganesh. Will upload it this week and tag you. Sorry for the delay.
Beautiful summer drink Deepa