As of Ramzan, I have prepared this Royal Falooda right from the scratch which describes the making of rose jelly, rose milk, cooking falooda vermicelli and layering. Just like that I forgot to click pictures, so do check out my video for the texture and consistency. Let me share the recipe…
- Vermicelli (Thin vermicelli) – 25 strands
- Sabja seeds / Sharbhat seeds – 3 tbsp
- Sugar – 5 tbsp
- Agar-Agar / China grass – 5 gm
- Rose essence – 3 tbsp
- Milk – ½ litre
- Pistachios – 10 nos
- Vanilla Ice cream – 4 scoops
Making of Royal Falooda / Falooda –
- Soak sabja seeds in a cup of water for 20 mins or until it turns light grey in color.
- Soak pistachios in water for 30 mins, drain the water, peel of the skin, chop it to fine pieces and keep it aside.
- Boil the milk, pour a tbsp of rose essence followed by 3 tbsp of sugar. Cook until the sugar dissolves and the milk reduces to ¾ th of the quantity.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a heavy bottomed vessel, add the agar-agar/china grass, mix it well until it dissolves in water, pour a tbsp of rose essence, cook for 3 mins.
- Remove from fire, pour it to a bowl, let it rest for 30 mins so that it gets sets and reaches room temperature. Later refrigerate it for 20 to 30 mins.
- Remove it from the bowl and finely chop them into pieces, keep it aside.
- Boil 3 cups of water in a heavy bottom vessel, add the vermicelli and cook until it turns transparent and soft.
- Drain the water and rinse it in tap or cold water, keep it aside.
- Take a tall glass, add a tbsp of boiled vermicelli, followed by a tbsp soaked sabja seeds, followed by a tbsp of finely chopped rose jelly.
- Pour in the rose milk, until it ¾ th of the glass, add few pieces of finely chopped pistachios and top it with a scoop of icecream.
- Sprinkle few pieces of pistachios, rose jelly and dried rose petals.