My kids like pasta a lot, and so mostly for our Friday dinner we would like to have pasta, with honey chicken or grilled chicken. Usually kids like to have white sauce pasta, but this time I was longing to have something tangy and spicy with pasta, so tried out this Tomato Pasta or Red sauce pasta. Also I have already shared one more version of Red Sauce Pasta with slight difference from this.
CLICK HERE for more dinner recipes and CLICK HERE for white sauce pasta recipe.
Tomato Pasta or Red Sauce pasta is an easy and simple dish that can be prepared in minutes. This goes out well not only for dinner, but also for lunch and brunch. I have flavored the pasta with tomatoes, red chillies and other Italian Herbs for the tanginess, little spiciness and wonderful flavor along with the loaded cheese in it. Not only kids but pasta can be everyone’s super food.
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #180 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
Also, here you can prepare the tomato sauce and refrigerate in a glass jar, which helps in saving the cooking time. This sauce stays fresh for 3 weeks when refrigerated. Let me share the recipe…
- Tomato – 5 no’s (medium size)
- Pasta – 1 ½ cups
- Garlic cloves – 7 no’s
- Onion – 1 no
- Red chilli flakes or teared Dried red chilies – 3 no’s
- Butter or Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Mixed Italian Herbs – 1 ½ tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Parmezan Cheese or any Cheese (grated) – 1 cup
- Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic pieces. Keep it aside.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic pieces in mixer, grind it to a fine paste and keep it aside.
- Take 3 to 4 cups of water in a heavy bottomed vessel, cover and bring it to boil, add the pasta followed by a tsp of olive oil or any vegetable oil.
- Cover and cook until it pasta along with salt until it doubles in size and turns soft.
- Drain the water from the pasta, run it through cold or tap water and keep it aside.
- Meanwhile heat butter or oil in a heavy bottomed vessel, add the mixed Italian herbs, along with red chilli flakes and cook for a min.
- Pour in the ground tomato paste, cook until the raw smell goes off or it thicken and the oil starts floating on the top of the gravy.
- Add the cooked pasta, mix it well and cook for a min.
- Once the pasta gets mixed well with the tomato sauce, add half the quantity of the grated cheese and mix it well.
- Transfer it to a plate and top it with the leftover grated cheese and finely chopped coriander leaves.
Very nice! I make a similar sauce for my son but I add mascarpone instead of the cheese
Wow this sounds great 🙂
Kids would really love this. Nice share Deepa.
Yeah, thanks Sumith 🙂
I also like pasta a lot…next time i will surely try this one…Thanks for sharing….
Wow! This sounds like a very nice recipe to me. I was just thinking of making pasta.
I’ll keep this in mind. Thanks for sharing at Fiesta Friday party!