Cheese Onion Sandwich was introduced to me while I was in U.K, I use to stock up this sandwich spread all the time in my refrigerator from TESCO and like to have it with brown bread or white bread during my tea time. Most of the time when we happen to travel, this would be my breakfast, recalling call my beautiful memories when I was in U.K.
CLICK HERE for more Breakfast recipes.
Cheese Onion Sandwich spread can be prepared in required amount and can be refrigerated so that it stays fresh for 4 days. Apart from bread this spread can be served with chapathi and tortilla also.
Cheese Onion Sandwich spread has creamy and little tangy flavor, also the crunchiness of onions balances well with cheese. Red cheese also be induced, but since I don’t have red cheese I have skipped it. A perfect breakfast or a snack box recipe for kids. Let me share the recipe…
Taking it to the Fiesta Friday #183 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
- Onion – 1 no
- Cheese – 20 gms (grated)
- Mayonnaise – 6 tbsp
- Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp (optional)
- Salt – ¼ tsp or for taste
- Bread slices – 10 no’s
- Peel and finely chop the onions to very small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, add the mayonnaise, grated cheese, onion, black pepper powder, salt and mix it well.
- Let it rest for 5 mins in refrigerator.
- Spread it on the top the bread and over it with another bread slice.
Serve it. Goes out well with a cup of black tea or black coffee.
Note: Transfer the leftover spread to a air-tight box and refrigerate, as it stays fresh for 4 days.